doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Adam Stinson Thin walls... What to do? - 10/12/14 07:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, I'm wandering what the options are for thin barrels. I know you can sleeve the barrels but what having Briley or Kolar fit a set subguage tubes? Is that an option on vintage gun?

Thanks
Adam
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Thin walls... What to do? - 10/12/14 07:32 PM
Sure they are a viable option but their additional weight will sure change the dynamic balance of the gun.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Thin walls... What to do? - 10/12/14 07:40 PM
I have older guns with Briley tube sets, some weight change but OK, and much better than having a non-functional gun.
I have a set of 20 gauge tubes in a Quality 3 1893 L.C. Smith and a set of 28 gauge tubes in a Baker with a blow out
in the barrel.

Mike
Posted By: eightbore Re: Thin walls... What to do? - 10/12/14 08:40 PM
I have .410 Brileys in a 20 gauge GH Parker and 28 gauge Brileys in a 16 gauge Parker hammer gun. My Lindner 16 gauge hammer gun will be next, because of a hole that goes from one barrel to the other. I don't know how that happened, but the Brileys will fix it. Joe, how scarce is a 16 gauge Lindner hammer gun?
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Thin walls... What to do? - 10/12/14 09:15 PM
I heard a someone say that the abominable snowman was seen with one.....but you know how rumors go.....
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Thin walls... What to do? - 10/12/14 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson
Just out of curiosity, I'm wandering what the options are for thin barrels. I know you can sleeve the barrels but what having Briley or Kolar fit a set subguage tubes? Is that an option on vintage gun?

Thanks
Adam

In America we just move on to another shogun. In places where shotguns are common as "hens teeth" sleeving or thin metal liner inside tubes are options.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Thin walls... What to do? - 10/13/14 01:31 PM
I believe Joe's answer may indicate that small bore Lindner hammer guns are fairly scarce.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com