doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: TomGresham Wingshooting Video Online - 03/24/07 12:52 PM
I thought I'd share this with the folks here. I'm experimenting with a new online video delivery system (the best I've seen), and put three commercial videos on my test site. (I do have permission to put these up.)

One is the "Wingshooting USA" video from the National Shooting Sports Foundation. It's about hunting preserves, and it has some pretty video of wingshooting. The guns are O/Us and one SxS (mine, of course).

The site will put a video player onto your computer. It's okay. This is the same player that Fox is starting to use.

http://www.maxcast.com/guntalk

I'm working with the folks who have the video streaming technology to add some features. This is still in beta.

Tom
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Wingshooting Video Online - 03/24/07 01:10 PM
Tom,
Adding this proprietary media player to my PC is a non-starter. It's an information collection engine. (I don't watch web-based CNN, FOx or You Tube clips for the same reason). Obviously a vast majority of netizens don't have similar reservations, so count my opinion accordingly.
Posted By: TomGresham Re: Wingshooting Video Online - 03/24/07 04:21 PM
You'll have to explain the "information collection engine" part. What are you basing that on?
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Wingshooting Video Online - 03/24/07 06:53 PM
Tom, you didn't hook up with one of those NSA websites, did you?
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: Wingshooting Video Online - 03/24/07 09:00 PM
Tom, Yeti is pretty computer savy. I am not particularly so, but I do know that a great many of similar programs imbed "Spyware" onto your hard drive and mine data with it. Two of my sons are programers in the fraud detection division of the largest credit card processor in the world, and they told me this. They removed three such programs from my computer, it ran noticeably faster afterward.
Posted By: TomGresham Re: Wingshooting Video Online - 03/25/07 12:14 AM
I'm just trying to figure out what he's talking about.

NSA? No Such Agency?

<grin>
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Wingshooting Video Online - 03/25/07 12:49 AM
Tom,
It's not the devil or the NSA, it's plain jane list based advertising that I try to avoid when possible (the e-mail and plain mail list companies make big brother look like a piker).

It's an old habit, like using slightly different middle initials with every magazine subscription so at least I know the source of the well-directed junk mail.

The Privacy Policy of most of these vendors is "we won't sell your data to others but have the right to use it ourselves" and when they have enough data and email addys, they open a web advert firm to use the data then. It's no big deal for anyone who already looks at CNN.com or You Tube videos. I'd prefer to DL video files and view them with my own player like I do with, uhhh, some of the other interesting web based video offerings *cough* .

No big deal, just one cranky guy (me).
Posted By: TomGresham Re: Wingshooting Video Online - 03/25/07 05:24 PM
Yeti, thanks for the explanation.

Tom
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com