doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dave Schiller Southern SxS - 03/23/07 09:51 PM
Five weeks from this weekend. Who's going?
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Southern SxS - 03/23/07 10:55 PM
I'll be there for sure --- got a space in one of the tents next to the LC Smith & Parker booths. Ken
Posted By: Jakearoo Re: Southern SxS - 03/23/07 11:48 PM
Where does one stay when coming to this event? What airport is most convenient? Jake
Posted By: eightbore Re: Southern SxS - 03/23/07 11:52 PM
Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Palomino, all in Sanford, North Carolina. Closest booming Democrat run metropolis is Raleigh-Durham. I assume you can land your plane there. Bill Murphy
Posted By: Dave Schiller Re: Southern SxS - 03/24/07 01:29 AM
Ken, I'll be sure to look you up and finally meet face to face. As for the nearest major airport, that would be Raleigh-Durham. About 45-60 minutes from Deep River, depending on traffic. As for places to stay, I think it's a wash between Sanford and the southwest part of Raleigh (Cary). Plenty of motels there. Both are about the same timewise from the shooting site (about 15-20 minutes). Deep River is out in the middle of nowhere. You'll think you're lost getting there, but just follow the directions.
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Southern SxS - 03/24/07 02:22 AM
Mr. Craig, I'm staying at the Palomino Motel where many of the LC boys will be. Rooms are $53.90 per night IF you tell them you are with the Deep River Sporting clays event. Ask for June or Judy for reservations. You might also give me a call --- I've tried to call you but you are always in court. Ken
Posted By: George Pittelko Re: Southern SxS - 03/24/07 02:32 AM
Jakearoo, go to http://www.deepriver.net and scroll to the Southern SXS Championship. They list the events and have a listing of many motels within a 30 minute drive from the event.

This is the 3th year that I'll be attending with our Charlotte Chapter of the Vintagers. I think that you'll also enjoy the friendly 5 Stand competition between the Parker and L.C.Smith folks. I hope to see you there. I'm one of the folks also interested in the Lefever project.
Posted By: Ken Georgi Re: Southern SxS - 03/24/07 12:04 PM
I'll be there. This will be my first trip to the Sanford event -really looking forward to it. See you there.

Ken
Posted By: TomGresham Re: Southern SxS - 03/24/07 12:56 PM
There's something screwy at the Deep River web site. The page with info on the SxS shoot is empty. Anyone else having this problem?

I might fire up the Bonanza and run over there for a day.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Southern SxS - 03/24/07 02:10 PM
The Palomino is pet friendly according to those who have stayed there.
Posted By: Dave Schiller Re: Southern SxS - 03/24/07 02:20 PM
Tom, instead of clicking on the event in the box at the left, move your cursor over the words "Side by Side" in the black bar at the top of the page. There should be a couple of drop-down menues that give you the info you are looking for.
Posted By: C.R. Sides Re: Southern SxS - 03/25/07 04:43 PM
Hope to make it down for Friday only.

This is turkey season, guys.

Charlie
Posted By: TomGresham Re: Southern SxS - 03/25/07 05:10 PM
Dave: You might want to tell someone that the Deep River web site will not work on a Mac.

Using Safari (the standard Mac browser), the black bar up top has NO words on it. That's why I couldn't find anything to click on.

Following your suggestion to click on the words on the black banner, I tried the Firefox browser on the Mac. With Firefox, I can see the words, but when I cursor over them, instead of getting a dropdown menu, I get boxes which pop up with the code in them. Very strange.

On a hunch, I wheeled over to the PC (Windoz), and the Deep River site works okay with that.

?
Posted By: Dave Schiller Re: Southern SxS - 03/25/07 07:07 PM
Tom, I haven't a clue why some sites work on some browsers and not others, much less Windowa/Mac machines. Bottom line is that you got the info.
Posted By: Larry Leake Re: Southern SxS - 03/25/07 10:38 PM
As this is supposed to be one of the worst turkey seasons in a number of years in South Carolina, I'm foregoing the seed tick-fest and making my way to Deep River. I've had to miss the last two years of the Southern Side x Side, but I told my better half months ago that THIS year, I wouldn't miss it. It doesn't help matters that the shoot is always scheduled on my daughter's birthday, but she and I have already worked that out. Hope to meet a number of friends, both old and new, there.

Best Regards,
Larry
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Southern SxS - 03/26/07 04:42 PM
I'll be there! Had a great time last year. I'm going up on Thursday. Staying at the Palimino. A nice bunch of folks at the shoot.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com