doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Crowley A-10 ? - 10/29/13 07:04 PM
Any comments about buying an A-10 from CSMC ?
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 12:31 AM
I have heard both real good and real bad stories. I don't believe the verdict is in yet.

bill
Posted By: gspspinone Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 01:50 AM
I don't own one but have handled several...beautiful guns. The 20ga with 30" bbls really impressed me. Call Lou at CSMC and discuss it, he's a very decent man.
Posted By: btdtst Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 01:55 AM
PM me with your questions.
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 03:32 AM
I have had mine a 20 gauge for going on 3 seasons. Granted I do not shoot as much as many on clay targets but have shot a fair number of birds. As well as using it during some dog training. It looks great, handles well, and I have had zero issues.I really like mine.

Posted By: GLS Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 11:08 AM
Phillip, nice looking stick of wood in that gun. I see you put all your money in guns rather than in vehicles. wink Gil
Posted By: The Technoid Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 02:07 PM
I did a review of a 12 gauge A-10 when they first came out. It was a most impressive gun. So much so that I ordered a 30" 20 gauge. To date I have just under 6,000 logged rounds through that 20 ga A-10 and am more impressed with it each time I shoot it.

My 20 did have a few adjustment issues when I received it so, after shooting it a bit to let it settle in, I returned it for some attention. I was stunned when I received the gun back. Not only were all the adjustments I had requested properly completed, but the gun was returned to cosmetically new condition, even though I had not asked for that. Very impressive service.

I particularly like the balance of the 30" 20 ga A-10. The barrels are light, lively and long. While a rounded action receiver would make for a more comfortable one hand field carry, it's a small inconvenience for using a true detachable sidelock O/U.

My particular gun weighs 6# 7 oz so it's a little bit heavy for a close cover field 20, but not too bad. If I'd ordered a butt plate instead of a recoil pad, I'd have saved a couple of ounces. In open field hunting and fun clays, the weight and barrel length are ideal.

At today's pricing, the A-10 American certainly has a lot of competition, but it is a good gun and has a good company standing behind it.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 02:34 PM
Tech,What were the adjustment issues ?
Posted By: eightbore Re: A-10 ? - 10/30/13 11:05 PM
OK, "What were the adjustment issues" was one question. Second question is "What size frame was your 20?"
Posted By: ed good Re: A-10 ? - 10/31/13 01:23 AM
a10? aint dat de wart hog wid a 20 mm rotary cannon in the nose?

wunder if tha guy who named dis gon ah a10 new dat?

nice wood...afraid to ax watt you paid fur hit...

Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: A-10 ? - 10/31/13 01:36 AM
Beautiful gun. Beatiful wood. Great pictures!

I noticed CSMC didn't case color it. Maybe ed good would be kind enough to provide you with the contact information of master gunsmith Ed Landers.
Posted By: bonny Re: A-10 ? - 10/31/13 01:41 AM
That is a fine looking shotgun, stunning wood on it. Just so the rest of you know, the A-10 was a 650cc motorcycle made by BSA in the 50's.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: A-10 ? - 10/31/13 04:05 AM
Originally Posted By: The Technoid

My 20 did have a few adjustment issues when I received it so, after shooting it a bit to let it settle in, I returned it for some attention.

Never should have mentioned it, Bruce.
JR
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: A-10 ? - 10/31/13 02:10 PM
GLS, I have spent most of my money on Great Guns, Fine scotch, and in my younger days a few wild women. Never left me much money for good cars, LOL.

My 20 gauge now way about 5 3/4 lbs. I had a nice custom butt plate added and removed the recoil pad. I ordered before the A 10 was announced and sprung for some upgraded Turkish. Ended up getting for a great price when I look at what I would pay today.
Posted By: Dick_dup1 Re: A-10 ? - 11/01/13 05:53 PM
I ordered a 20/28 combo with 30" barrels and the Rose & Scroll package which includes case coloring and upgraded wood.
With either set of barrels gun weighs 6# 2oz.
Couldn't be happier with the set!-Dick
Posted By: gwsmith Re: A-10 ? - 11/02/13 01:36 AM
Just bought a 20 gauge with rose & scroll myself - 30" barrels. Should be here next week. Will be my first A10.
Posted By: slayer Re: A-10 ? - 11/03/13 04:40 PM
I have a 20G A10 with 32 inch barrels. I have a set of 30 inch 28g barrels as well. The 32 inch 20G barrels seem perfect for that gun. Its my go to pheasant gun. My gun did need "adjustments" as well. Only one of the barrels wouldn't fire when I got it. Great service on the repair though. They paid shipping and where very fast.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: A-10 ? - 11/03/13 05:45 PM
Phil,
If we go out this season, I'll drive my rig. But, bring that gun along. It's pretty sweet.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: A-10 ? - 11/03/13 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: slayer
I have a 20G A10 with 32 inch barrels. I have a set of 30 inch 28g barrels as well. The 32 inch 20G barrels seem perfect for that gun. Its my go to pheasant gun. My gun did need "adjustments" as well. Only one of the barrels wouldn't fire when I got it. Great service on the repair though. They paid shipping and where very fast.

Do these guys even test fire the guns before shipping? Seems as though the majority of buyers who have posted over the years on various chat boards had to return their guns for repair on things that would have been blatantly obvious with even minimal quality control.
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: A-10 ? - 11/03/13 10:09 PM
Chuck I will be sure to bring it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com