doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/09/13 08:57 PM
Hi all, just got an e-mail from Kaltron regarding an inquiry as to when they will have High Pheasant loads available.

Here's what they said:

"Hi Wes,

We will be receiving the F2 Sub Sound 7/8 oz. 7.5 shot in sometime next week. No 1 oz. is currently on order. B& P is discontinuing the High Pheasant line. The only remaining 1 1/16 oz. load we have remaining in stock is the 7 shot. Sorry for any inconvenience.

David Walter

David S. Walter

Kaltron- Pettibone

Outdoor Division Customer Service

Dwalter@Kaltron.com

1-800-683-0464"

Too bad, I always liked those loads. Oh well.

Best!

Greg
Posted By: Doverham Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/10/13 02:12 AM
Odd - I thought that was a pretty popular load.

They seem to be way-back ordered on various loads - I have been waiting for their Comp Ones for almost two months.

This is still an option for 1 1/16 oz loads
H&H
Posted By: PALUNC Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/10/13 02:50 AM
What is a good load for a vintage English sidelock? I bought four cases of the B&P Comp 1 in the 7/8 oz at the Southern a couple of weeks ago. All they had were 7 1/2 shot. Shot them in my Atkin and they are sweet shooting shells. A friend was shooting some as well as some AA Featherlites. The AA's sounded like duds going off.
I see B&P is out of stock on the Comp 1'S as well. Really would like some #8's.
I see RST 2 3/4" shells are now $95 a flat.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/10/13 02:51 AM
I also like B&P's Sub Sound. But I heard they are history now.
Posted By: Replacement Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/10/13 03:58 AM
Quote:
Really would like some #8's

Look for Fiocchi Training Loads, 12ga, 2-3/4", 7/8 oz of 8's, about 6600psi last time I checked. Used to find them on sale for about $7/box. I have used those and the B&Ps in my Brit hammer gun with lam steel barrels.
Posted By: PA24 Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/10/13 12:11 PM

How come you folks do not reload instead of salivating over lesser quality factory ammo....?....Those old enough, know that at some point during the mid 80's, factory ammo quality really took a dump.

Hand Loads can be tailored to suit any need, any specifics, any quality and in any quantity for less money.

If you like the new cosmetic look you can use new hulls for each loading and still be money ahead.

Lot's of folks are even making their own shot now days with several state of the art shot makers available.

Just curious, makes no sense to me to pay more and get less. It's a no brainer, at least for those who shoot more than once in awhile.

Posted By: Stallones Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/10/13 03:53 PM
I use B&P competition(2000)1 oz for all of my SxS events that require factory ammo. about 6500psi, light recoil and very effective. Also, the Gamebore XLR(extralight recoil) seems to be about the same.
Posted By: 775 Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/10/13 10:44 PM
Ahhh..."Require factory ammo"...
Posted By: Replacement Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 12:44 AM
Quote:
How come you folks do not reload instead of salivating over lesser quality factory ammo....?.

At least for me and my Brit hammer gun, I just don't shoot it enough to rationalize reloading for it. When I used to shoot a lot of targets, I spent way too many hours at the loading bench.
Posted By: DGM Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Doverham
Odd - I have been waiting for their Comp Ones for almost two months.

See Cabelas website - currently on sale
Posted By: Adam Stinson Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 02:06 AM
I loved the Subsounds.... MUCH better than the AA Winlites. I hate to hear they're discontinued. Anyone know of place where I can stock up on remaining inventory?

Adam
Posted By: GaryW Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 02:13 AM
Kari McCormick who used to work for BANDPUSA (B&P) is now with Aerostar Global Logistics and they are importing B&P shotshells. I'll be she can get the high pheasant. Those are good loads.

k.mccormick@aerostarglobal.com
Posted By: L. Brown Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 11:44 AM
Do some sxs shoots require factory ammo for certain events? The only time I avoid reloads at sxs events is if there's a flurry involved. Reloads can be harder to load quickly, sometimes stick when they should eject.

RST's are always a good choice, and Morris and/or Alex are in attendance at all the major sxs shoots I'm aware of. Order them in advance, pick them up at the shoot. No shipping charges.
Posted By: PA24 Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Reloads can be harder to load quickly, sometimes stick when they should eject.

Only for people who don't use proper resizing equipment and depend on poor dimensional resizing press station collars, or other poor equipment. Takes all kinds to make a world I guess.

Reloaders who know what they are doing use the 'free standing' MEC Super Sizer, or similar equipment, which sizes hulls to tighter specs than factory ammo therefore creating reloads where even tight chamber guns always remain problem free, no matter how hot they get.

I guess you can lead a horse to water though...?...

Posted By: gjw Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 03:29 PM
Update from another site:

To all who purchase and enjoy B&P Ammo,

Currently B&P Ammo is brought in by Kaltron Pettibone .

As of this July, Aerostar Global Logistics , will be announcing they will be the new importer .

Kari McCormack who worked for Kaltron , has been working for Aerostar for many months now setting up the transition, as Director of Sales .

The folks at Kaltron have been telling everyone who calls , they will not be importing the High Pheasant Loads .

Here is what Kari told me : B&P in Italy ,would like to stop making the High Pheasant load . She has been fighting to keep it on the list of offerings .

B&P had a minimum order request of 200 cases for the High Pheasant load in the past . They have stated to her , in order to have them continue production of it , she needs to increase the prder to a minimum of 600 cases .

I've been asking her for over 2 years to bring back both High Pheasant loads, in shot size No. 5 as they offered in the past . She is planning on doing that this year .

Please e-mail her and let her know how you feel about these loads !

This way she has the backing to show the folks in Italy , how much American shooters want this load to stay in their product line .

I told her they could do away with the MB line , as 2 of these loads are in the 1330 fps, and they Pound You ! I've found when needed , the High Pheasant 1-1/16 th load at 1280 fps. will reach way out there !

If you feel the same way please let her know ! Have your friends and fellow shooters let her know also !!!

This wiil be a great help to our cause !

Posted By: L. Brown Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: PA24

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Reloads can be harder to load quickly, sometimes stick when they should eject.

Only for people who don't use proper resizing equipment and depend on poor dimensional resizing press station collars, or other poor equipment. Takes all kinds to make a world I guess.

Reloaders who know what they are doing use the 'free standing' MEC Super Sizer, or similar equipment, which sizes hulls to tighter specs than factory ammo therefore creating reloads where even tight chamber guns always remain problem free, no matter how hot they get.

I guess you can lead a horse to water though...?...

Ah . . . right. Well, not all reloaders use the same equipment. Some continue reloading hulls when others would scrap them. Ever shoot a 75 target flurry in 2 1/2 minutes, PA? I have, and I've also acted as loader for quite a few other shooters. For the relatively little extra cost involved, I'll go with factory shells--and I'll continue to recommend them to people for whom I act as loader. I've had plenty of experience trying to load for people who decided reloads were OK for a flurry event. Sometimes it's been frustrating.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/11/13 10:24 PM
Originally Posted By: gjw

I told her they could do away with the MB line , as 2 of these loads are in the 1330 fps, and they Pound You !

I sure as hell hope she doesn't listen to you on this one! These are some of the best loads I've found for my 12 gauge. The world doesn't revolve around lightweight doubles. mad
Posted By: Buzz Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/12/13 12:14 AM
I like the B&P sporting clays load for quail and grouse. They are 2 3/4" though whereas the High Pheasant is 2 1/2". The sporting loads in #7 1/2 shot work great for my needs, but I'm not a pheasant hunter (or rarely one).
Posted By: btdtst Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/26/13 12:19 AM
In answering an email I had sent her Kari told me that she will have to TRIPLE the amount of High Pheasant loads they have been ordering in order for B&P to send them (or keep producing them??) to the States. I also had inquired about some 20ga loads but got no answer on that. I suggest that anyone with a desire for the High Pheasant loads email her. Or any other particular load for that matter.
Posted By: canvasback Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/26/13 12:30 AM
Originally Posted By: gjw
Update from another site:

Here is what Kari told me : B&P in Italy ,would like to stop making the High Pheasant load . She has been fighting to keep it on the list of offerings .
B&P had a minimum order request of 200 cases for the High Pheasant load in the past . They have stated to her , in order to have them continue production of it , she needs to increase the order to a minimum of 600 cases.
I've been asking her for over 2 years to bring back both High Pheasant loads, in shot size No. 5 as they offered in the past. She is planning on doing that this year.
Please e-mail her and let her know how you feel about these loads!
This way she has the backing to show the folks in Italy , how much American shooters want this load to stay in their product line.
If you feel the same way please let her know ! Have your friends and fellow shooters let her know also !!!

This will be a great help to our cause !

I have been an importer/distributor of branded products for over 30 years. In my experience, there is no better way to change the plans of the importer and the manufacturer than what is outlined above.

The world reacts to orders and the only reason product lines get dropped is because they aren't selling enough. The brand (B & P) has said to the new importer "put your money where your mouth is" and the importer is looking for confidence to do so.
Posted By: oskar Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 05/26/13 05:40 AM
Here's a link to a list of B&P shells they will be importing, Kari sent me this. There are more, this is only a partial list but it is the part with the High Pheasant.

http://mail.aol.com/37752-111/aol-6/en-u...il&partId=4

Thanks to the link to her new address.

oskar
Posted By: sernv99 Re: B&P High Pheasant - No More - 06/02/13 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: GaryW
Kari McCormick who used to work for BANDPUSA (B&P) is now with Aerostar Global Logistics and they are importing B&P shotshells. I'll be she can get the high pheasant. Those are good loads.

Kari stated on her shotgunworld.com B&P section that she will be bringing in the B&P High-Pheasant loads. If anyone is interested in these loads, drop her an email and express your interest in these shells. These are great shells.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com