doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DoubleTake Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 04/11/13 12:42 AM
Picked up this 16 gauge OU late last summer and I just didn't have the time to mess with it much, and the stock was black from grime, checkering mostly worn off so I marched it to my local gunsmith and had him clean up the stock and recut the checkering. The gun locks up tight and has a smooth and precise feel to it when opening and closing. The ejectors are timed perfectly and throw the snap caps together as one. Seems like a pretty good gun!

I thought it was an FN, but my memory was faulty and when I got it back I saw that it is a Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA.

Here are a few photos and I'd be interested in any comments or observations.

Looks like a cursive "u" for a date stamp....1942?

Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 04/11/13 01:18 AM
A few more.

Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 04/11/13 01:40 AM
Well, even though the arrangement of the barrels is odd, at least it has the proper number of triggers. Seriously, it's a nice looking gun even if it isn't a SXS.
Steve
Posted By: PeteM Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 04/11/13 10:51 AM
FAUL was one of the many "associations" around.

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/art...0liege%20gb.htm

From the proof marks, the gun was nitro proofed in 1942. The o/u was becoming increasing popular in the '30s & '40s.

Pete
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 04/11/13 01:50 PM
I've seen Belgian-made Charles Dalys as well as both Francotte and A&F-marked OU's from that period that look very much the same. Some with one piece forends like that one, some with the Merkel-style 3 piece. Nice looking gun, Dave. Looks like you maybe found a sapphire (if not quite a diamond) in the rough.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 04/11/13 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I've seen Belgian-made Charles Dalys as well as both Francotte and A&F-marked OU's from that period that look very much the same. Some with one piece forends like that one, some with the Merkel-style 3 piece. Nice looking gun, Dave. Looks like you maybe found a sapphire (if not quite a diamond) in the rough.

Larry, I can certainly be happy with a sapphire. Glad it's not gravel!
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 04/14/13 04:34 PM

Couple more!
Posted By: eightbore Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 05/13/17 02:27 PM
A heck of a gun to be trading off.
Posted By: gunut Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 05/13/17 02:37 PM
I don't think DAVE has ever owned a gun longer than a year or two.....never sell him one thinking it will have a good home....he wont own it long enough to unpack it....
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 05/13/17 04:22 PM
Hahaha! I have a very simple criteria. If I like the shotgun AND shoot it well over time it will stay.
Posted By: gunut Re: Fabrique D'Armes Unies DE Liege SA - 05/13/17 04:32 PM
Dave...that's the 2 year part of the equation.....
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com