doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gil russell Bad Experience with SKB Service - 03/07/13 04:58 PM
I had a broken hammer spring in my SKB 785, so I found the SKB website, figured out what I thought was the correct part. I then called the company described the gun and confirmed the part I had selected on the website was correct.They sent me a new hammer spring in a plastic bag, attached to a card for some other part (so I could not confirm anything about the part). I tried numerous times to insert the spring and it didn't seem to fit; finally decided to send the receiver and part they had sent and let them do it. They called me to say the part they had sent was the wrong part (it was for a 12 gauge, mine is a sub-gauge, 3 barrel set). Of course I informed them that was the part they had told me I needed but, since I had scratched the new spring, then polished it they would not take it in exchange for the correct one. Just annoying. In defense of SKB, I had a positive experience a few months ago. so now they are 1-1-0 in my book. BTW, I have that LEFT hammer spring for a 12 Gauge. If anybody needs it, you can have it.
Posted By: Ithaca5E Re: Bad Experience with SKB Service - 03/07/13 06:11 PM
Mail order parts are one thing, and you'll have to sort that out with them. Otherwise, if they have the gun in hand their reputation is among the best in the business.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Bad Experience with SKB Service - 03/07/13 07:25 PM
Have had nothing but the BEST service from them.
Mike
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com