doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Wild Skies Arrieta has bought out Arrizabalaga. - 02/07/13 11:45 PM
I spoke with David Moore of William Larkin Moore this afternoon and he confirmed the rumour that has been buzzing around. He said that the Arrizabalaga's employees have retired, their tools and equipment has been moved to Arrieta's shop and the Arrizabalaga line of guns are being built by Arrieta craftsmen and will continue to be badged Arrizabalaga.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Arrieta has bought out Arrizabalaga. - 02/08/13 01:11 AM
This is a real disappointment for those of us who own these great guns and revel in the reputation. Oh, well.
Posted By: Gnomon Re: Arrieta has bought out Arrizabalaga. - 02/08/13 01:31 AM
There goes a great brand.

But not surprising - Arrizabalaga were making about 35 guns/year.

Glad I own a real one.
Posted By: GJZ Re: Arrieta has bought out Arrizabalaga. - 02/08/13 02:20 AM
A pity.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Arrieta has bought out Arrizabalaga. - 02/08/13 02:56 AM
A minor correction, the employees aren't the ones that are retiring, it was/is the principal owners. It is my understanding that the workers might continue to make Arrizabalaga guns as they always have, but working as a separate group under Arrieta's roof.

I don't think that all of the details have been worked out as of yet. But, I had heard that AyA had considered buying out Arrizabalaga as well, with the intent of doing just that. Hopefully, Arrieta will follow the same path.
[quote=GJZ]A pity. [/quote Si, que lastima.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com