doublegunshop.com - home
I bought her from my local gun shop and I was hoping for some more information on it. I am still working on getting photos up, sorry if it is not working.

Frank
Welcome!!!!!!!!

Can not access your pictures, takes a pass word

Mike
My welcome also, Frank on your first post. Your Ithaca does come within the accepted serial number frame for the Minier Model guns. If that's what you have then it had the shortest production run of all the Ithaca guns. Your gun should have only two pins and a smaller screw showing on the frame.

If you can access a copy of Mr. Walter C. Snyder's fine book on the history of the company, "The Ithaca Gun Company From The Beginning" you'll find a chapter on the Manier/Minier model beginning on page 50. Enjoy learning about your old double. Many posters here are much more learned than I to respond to your post, and I am sure you will hear more...Geo

PS: By the way there is a tutorial on posting pictures in the FAQ section.
thanks for the feedback I will try to upload them to another website and re-post them this weekend.
The pictures are up for me, but I'm not enough of an Ithaca authority to positively identify the model.
Manier was a missprint on the serial number chronology the Ithaca Gun Co. put out in the 1960s.

The model is actually Minier named for David Minier the designer.

The gun pictured is a No. 2 quality with Damascus barrels and a badly repaired cracked stock.
Just what information do you seek?
I was hoping for info on the grade which the Researcher was nice enough to provide. as well as any other info that might be known. does anyone have or know where I can get a new stock for it?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com