doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: CJO Good news all around!!...Conservative Majority - 05/03/11 02:33 AM
Looks like we are just full of good news for a change...yesterday OBL got put away and now it looks like our much hated long gun registry is going to go away....a bit early to tell yet but it looks like a conservative majority!

CJ
Our Conservatives have won a majority!!!!!!!
The elimination of the long gun registry was part of their
election platform and will be a tremendous burden lifted off
the shoulders of our law abiding shooting community.A useless
and expensive piece of government bureaucracy that did nothing
to prevent crime.A bit of fresh air which has been a long time coming.
Terry
Congratulations in winning the fight. Stay vigilant!
JR
Finally ,my vote made a difference!!!
Yes, at last
Yes, stay ever vigilant. Just as with the death of ObL there are others who will ramp up the agenda.

A welcome short term victory.
Hopefully our Canadian friends to the North will experience the same success getting rid of their useless registry as well.
Jim
A good day for Canada!
That's good news. Congratulations!
Congratulations to all of you.
Claudio,
I've following the election and was happy for all of you. Progress hopefully to remove the registry which was just a tremendous waste of tax payer dollars.
Chris
Good work Canada. Now lets work on easing the border between us and get it like it used to be. I never used to need a passport to visit my Canadian brothers across the border. Sadly I won't be seeing your beautiful country or good people again until I don't need a passport.
As a point of interest, or not as the case may be, we require a passport to enter the USA, just as you do to enter Canada. I guess that what's good for the goose is good for the gander!
Originally Posted By: Ron Vella
As a point of interest, or not as the case may be, we require a passport to enter the USA, just as you do to enter Canada. I guess that what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Which is my point. I can't just drive up to Canada anymore to see my relatives and they can't just drive down to see me without proper papers. Nazi Germany? Papers please? All because of a bunch of political dimwits in power, us common folk have to suffer. I feel sorry for you Canadians because of this situation. I hope you guys feel sorry for us.
Yes, it's great news that we have a Conservative majority
The hated gun registry will be gone and now we have a Government which can govern properly after years of a minority
Best news for us Western Canadians was the eclipse of the traitorous Bloc Quebec Party, who want to separate from Canada and have their own country except keeping the Canadian Dollar and Canadian passports.
The Liberals got smacked in the polls, mainly due to backlash for calling an uneccessary election, costing us millions of BeaverBucks.
Their leader, elitist college professor Michael Ignatieff, will probably slink back to Harvard, with his tail between his legs, to teach, and you guys are really welcome to him!
Mike
It's certainly nice to have some good news once in a while!

Bob
CJO, Welcome news indeed,according to Prime Minister,Stephen Harper,May 3 2011,repeal of the long gun registry will be a priority with the new majority government. According to some reports, almost 2 billion dollars was spent on the fruitless attempt to control crime by forcing legitimate gun owners to register long guns!Just think what might have been achieved if these funds had been expended to fight organised crime and the Drug trade.
Lets not forget people such as the late Dennis Wright, Organiser of many Ontario gun shows, who fought long and hard to see this legislation repealed. Or for that matter members of parliment such as Dave MacKenzie [Conservative],a former police chief of Woodstock, Ontario. Dave frequently visited local gun shows to obtain first hand input from legitimate gun owners.Daves input on this subject was I am sure valued by parlimentarians.I am pleased to say Dave was re-elected with a record majority.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com