doublegunshop.com - home
Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in the great DC area - maybe withing a 2hr drive?

I'm looking for someone who specializes in doubles, who knows how to use a bore mic, and who has a real bbl wall thickness gauge.

Thanks

OWD
Posted By: ChuckPA Re: Good gunsmith needed, great DC area... - 09/27/10 10:33 AM
Not sure about drive time but Gunter Pfrommer (540-484-5555) in Rocky Mt. VA is among the very best and a very easy person to deal with.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Good gunsmith needed, great DC area... - 09/27/10 11:14 AM
Do you want a gunsmith or someone to measure a set of barrels for you? What exact location? PM me if you wish.
Posted By: Jeff L. Re: Good gunsmith needed, great DC area... - 09/27/10 11:37 AM
William Apperson is just north of Charlottesville (Earlysville, VA). Really good. Easy to find his number with whitepages.com, but I can help more if you wish.
Posted By: ledbet Re: Good gunsmith needed, great DC area... - 09/27/10 06:25 PM
From what I understand, Mr. Apperson has recently retired. This is most unfortunate for us in the area as he is/was one of the best.

BL
Thanks for the info.

Eightbore - PM sent.

OWD
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com