doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Donnie Reels DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/24/10 08:45 PM
Anyone have any idea where there may be a D.M. lefever sidecocker gun at? donnie
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/24/10 11:22 PM
I do know where there is one! Am I gonna tell you? no way! I found one several years ago right here close by and have been trying to buy it since I found it. If I "git er done" I'll post pics......Its a nice one.
Posted By: eightbore Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/24/10 11:55 PM
Yup, the one I found isn't bad either. There are a bunch of them out there. I think our close personal friend and Lefever dealer Tom Gibbons may have one for sale.
Posted By: Donnie Reels Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/25/10 07:55 PM
I talked with Tom he does not have one at this time. Anyone else have any leads? Donnie
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/26/10 01:58 AM
What gauge, grade, condition, and price range are you looking for ? Might be able to help.
Posted By: Donnie Reels Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/26/10 12:39 PM
Looking for a nice honest gun don't have to be mint or collector quality. I prefer 12. Donnie
Posted By: Donnie Reels Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/27/10 12:31 AM
Hey Daryl please Email me at lcsmithman@hotmail.com
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/27/10 04:33 PM
How about a Lindner Daly on a Lefever patent?

There are a few (very) of these around unless you are looking for a original DML for a collection.

best regards,
JBP
Posted By: eightbore Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/27/10 05:08 PM
J.B., I don't imagine you are offering the Daly for sale, are you?
Posted By: Researcher Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/27/10 05:14 PM
Last September at The Vintage Cup, John Algood had one for sale at his booth. It had the coolest engraving of a Setter curved around the rear of the lockplate. I don't remember the gauge, and it was a basic brown gun, but that bit of engraving caught my eye.
Posted By: fullandfuller Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/27/10 06:19 PM
[img]http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/f...pg&newest=1[/img]

Here's a link to the Lefever sidecocker at the 09 Vintagers. Was a B grade 10ga.

Jeff
Posted By: Donnie Reels Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/27/10 07:43 PM
I called John he doesn't have the gun anymore. Anyone have any idea what one will go for. I have a two offered to me and I want the best deal.
Posted By: eightbore Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/27/10 11:20 PM
Dan Lefever was a setter man, but I notice a pointer or two in the album.
Posted By: Donnie Reels Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/31/10 01:20 PM
Thanks guys for all the help on the sidecocker a couple of you guys were really helpful with phone # and the guys that had the guns sounded like they had some scremmer guns. But I found one saturday about 30 miles from where I live. i maid an offer on the gun and the guy said he will think about it. Sunday knight came the phone rang about 8:30 pm central time. The gentalman said he will take the offer I had offered so i went then to get the gun and I am sitting here looking at the sidecocker over coffee this morning. {It is funny when I was in my teens I ues to chace down pirtty young girls now at fourty I chace old men with nice shotguns} Anyway thinks for all you guys help Donnie
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 05/31/10 02:03 PM
Donnie, how about a picture and description of what you got ? Interesting guns.
Posted By: dblfever Re: DM Lefever sidecocker - 06/03/10 02:54 AM
There is one now on GI , a 10ga
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com