doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dave Weber Back in the game - 01/07/09 11:34 PM
Looks like we had a corrupt data table in our SQL pile...

I seem to have fixed it! Keep fingers crossed everything looks ok so far!

So sorry for the down time especially on these long cold winter days.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Back in the game - 01/07/09 11:51 PM
So a simple server reset didn't even come close to a restart?
Dave are you the site's "IT" guy??

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: James M Re: Back in the game - 01/07/09 11:59 PM
Heck:
With the length of this outage I'll bet some of the members have 2-3 new guns to show off!
Jim
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 12:03 AM
Dave,
Glad to see you fixed it. Greatly missed it when it was down.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 12:08 AM
2 days down...not horribly bad considering I have a full time job and work on the site till I can't stay awake late in the evening.

I had to figure it out myself too! The hosting company is pretty useless when things go south.

The only system of theirs they know how to fix is their payment portal.
Posted By: Bill Meyer Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 12:10 AM
Kind of starting the day without a big cup of coffee...... Bill
Posted By: C. Kofoed Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 12:17 AM
Thanks Dave.

Gents, please remember our genial host and how much you missed the board when he asks for contributions in a few weeks.

Very best,

C.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 12:18 AM
Aarggg!!! I was having serious withdrawal pains! Even thought about watching TV but that was too drastic. Thanks for your effort--we all appreciate.
Posted By: GregSY Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 01:08 AM
Thank God the BB is back. Of course, when it was down several of the pompous asses at the PGCA site sure had fun peering down their noses at the lunatics here.
Posted By: binko Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 01:32 AM
Dave, from an old IT guy, I feel, and remember your pain. There are only 2 kinds of BBS's, those that that have been down and those that are going down in the future. As far as those PGCA guys, theirs is coming, then we'll have our laugh.

binko
Posted By: Mike B. Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 01:43 AM
ALL RIGHT GUYS
Lets hear it for Dave!
Our Benefactor, and a "GREAT GUY". DAVE I'M sure all the guys and gals thank you immensely. Let's hear it for Dave!
Mike B.
Posted By: Steve Meyer Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 01:44 AM
I knew we were just waiting for the sequel....

Good Job Dave!!!

Thanks!!
Posted By: PeteM Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 01:58 AM
Way to go Dave.

Pete
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 02:13 AM
Amen to that Gregsy Old Bean= Those old school tie Main Line elitists on the Professional Golfers Caddying Association are, indeed, quite an interesting bunch indeed- Wonder what their preference might be for shooting "birds" and not "birdies" (when a set of Walter Hagen Ultras are 'de rigeur')- I'll venture a WAG here- and say the classic Uncle Dan LeFever shotty-gunz. Why, might you ask Gregsy Old Boy? Well, golfers know their balls quite well (Titelist 90 compression vs. Titelist 100 compression) and Uncle Danny was the only American gunmaker to equip his fine guns with balls too. Head down, eye on the ball (in the front of the water table I believe) and, of course, follow through. RWTF
Posted By: binko Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 02:35 AM
Oh, thanks Dave!!!

binko
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 06:42 AM
Worrisome there for a while...

Regards, Tim
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 06:49 AM
I missed it while it was down, but I took the time to watch Jackie Gleason's Honeymooner reruns.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 12:30 PM
Thanks very much Dave.
Posted By: SixBears Re: Back in the game - 01/08/09 07:48 PM
Hi all, this will be my first post - I'm brand new. Dave just got me registered mere moments before the blackout... so I can't complain about withdrawal symptoms... yet...

By the way, I went over to the PGC board but then I figured I don't have a Parker. Awww. So, I'm here to stay. I'll say that I had been lurking around for a while and now I look forward to participating. I hope I'll fit in and if the screen goes dark on me, I'll get the message.

Thanks in advance for putting together a great source of knowledge and experience and it all works because of the thankless behind-the-scene work.

Thanks Dave.
Posted By: keith Re: Back in the game - 01/09/09 01:02 AM
I haven't been on here for a few days and must have completely missed the outage. However, I am now experiencing what some of the guys were complaining about a couple weeks back. For some reason it seems almost as if I was back on dial-up as it is very slow. Is it possible there is still some roving bug?
Posted By: FHALZ@AOL.COM Re: Back in the game - 01/09/09 04:06 AM
It got so bad that I caught myself talking to the wife. Thank you Dave.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com