doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob*N Miroku O/U - 01/03/09 09:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone

I bought a used 12 ga. O/U Miroku this morning. Nice shotgun.
Almost new. 28" barrels 2 3/4" chambers. Extractors, not ejectors(that's fine with me; getting too old and fat to be bending over & picking up empty hulls) non-selctive trigger.
My question concerns the choke marking: top barrel is "+-", there is no choke marking for the bottom barrel that I have found.
Can anyone tell me what choke I have?

Thanks
Posted By: PA24 Re: Miroku O/U - 01/03/09 09:21 PM
Take the forearm off and look under the barrels, usually stamped there for choke...

Nice gun, congradulations !!

Best Regards,
Posted By: drever Re: Miroku O/U - 01/03/09 09:22 PM
Hi bob*N

Here is a link.+- is like *-. Look at Browning marks

http://www.hallowellco.com/choke_chart.htm

Regards Lennart
Posted By: Bob*N Re: Miroku O/U - 01/03/09 10:24 PM
I found my long lost choke gauge. It shows that the top barrel is full choke, bottom is modified.

Do Miroku shotguns have chrome plated bores?

This one has all blued steel, walnut stock, round pistol grip.
Modest engraving. It has been fired very little. Looks like it still has a lot of the protective grease on it. Stock has a few handling dings. I would rate the blue at 100%. I guess I would equate it to a economy grade Citori.

I have mostly side by sides; I think I can get use to this Miroku.

Thanks guys !!
Posted By: PA24 Re: Miroku O/U - 01/03/09 11:20 PM
Bob *N:

Was it stamped O and U and reference to each one with a choke I.D. on the bottom barrel ??

Best Regards,
Posted By: postoak Re: Miroku O/U - 01/03/09 11:53 PM
Here is a link to some pretty good information on Miroku O/Us

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional_info/Mirokusprings.html

I own one very similar to yours, a Charles Daly stamped Venture model. Personally I think when compared grade for grade a Miroku is a better finished gun that the ones they made for Browning.

Generally better wood, lighter barrels, and better fitting - this also could be because most we see in the US are older than the comparable Brownings.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Miroku O/U - 01/04/09 02:56 PM
Unusual that it's an extractor gun. If it's only marked Miroku and not Charles Daly, my guess would be someone in the military brought it back from Japan. I don't recall any Miroku OU's other than the Daly-marked guns, all of which I'm pretty sure had ejectors, being imported to the States.
Posted By: Bob*N Re: Miroku O/U - 01/04/09 05:40 PM
From the lack of markings I suspected that it may have been bought overseas and brought back. The barrels say 12 gauge, 2 3/4" on one side and Miroku Firearmes Manufacturing Co., Kochi, Japan.The bottom of the receiver says B.C. Miroku. The choke markings lead me to believe that it is imp. cyl and mod.
The choke gauge tells me full and mod. I guess I will have to pattern it to find out. I hope it is imp. cyl and mod. Makes for a better quail and dove gun.

Thanks guys!!
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Miroku O/U - 01/04/09 06:53 PM
It's proly one of them guns imported into US in late 50s or early 60s. If it came through Canada at later date it would also lack import markings.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com