doublegunshop.com - home
I need to know of a reliable smith to replace the right barrel on a friends L C Smith.
Wow, sorry to hear about that, hope no one was hurt. In my opinion, it would be better to find another gun and use the barrels from it. Would still be a lot of work and you must stick with the right frame size (FW or Regular frame).
Trying to replace the one barrel which is Nitro Steel, and finding another is probably like trying to find "a needle in a haystack".

You might might try and post this message on the L.C. Smith site, http://www.lcsmith.org/index.html maybe someone has a spare set of barrels. If you do, post the serial number and whether it is a Featherweight Frame or Regular Frame.
Good luck.
Sorry to hear about your friends bad luck. Can you tell us the circumstances under which this happened?
Jim
Post deleted by Run With The Fox
The gun will never be "original" again. So, taking a somewhat cheaper route for a gun like this may be a consideration. Having that barrel "sleeved" (I've never liked the use of that term for this) is a possibility and is likely much cheaper than replacing the whole barrel, which requires disassembling the braze joint at the breach, machining a barrel to fit this area and brazing, then a refit of the barrels to the frame and possibly other areas like the ejector hole.

I have a set of original LC Smith barrels for a FW frame, "in-the-white", without ribs, that have never been fitted. They would be an easier path than replacing one whole barrel, IMO.
Call me if you want the barrels, we'll work out a deal.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com